Join us for the Summit & Research Symposium on April 20-21, 2023.
The Summit and Research Symposium is Community-Engaged Alliance's signature event of the year and brings together experts from around the country, the region, and from our own backyard as speakers and presenters who weave their work with community engagement in higher education.
This is a two-day professional development opportunity for faculty, staff, students, administrators, and community partners. The Summit and Research Symposium is a unique opportunity for our field to focus on the intersection of research and practice.
The Summit kicks off in...
Summit Location Announced!
Community-Engaged Alliance is excited to announce that the 2023 Summit & Research Symposium will be held at the NCAA Hall of Champions and Conference Center in downtown Indianapolis!
2023 Theme: Resiliency Through Engagement
“My mission in life is not merely to survive but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
We are a community of many. We build on each other’s diverse knowledge to create the next breakthrough—exchanging ideas, sharing our success stories, and bravely examining our failures. As a community, each of us has something unique to bring to the table, but we all share a common quality. Resiliency. We are linked by the common mission of enabling students to create positive change through engagement in and with communities.
2023 Event Schedule
The 2023 Summit & Research Symposium take place on Thursday, April 20th and Friday, April 21st with a half-day preconference on the afternoon of Wednesday, April 19th. Regular registration includes admittance to the conference sessions on Thursday and Friday, the Opening Keynote and the 30th Anniversary Celebration and Awards Lunch on Thursday, as well as the Breakfast Panel Discussion and Closing Keynote on Friday.
Those participants wishing to attend one of the preconference sessions on Wednesday need to complete a separate registration for the session they wish to attend.
General Event Schedule
|11:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Registration & Participant Lunch|
|12:30 PM - 3:30 PM||Preconference Sessions|
Download the official 2023 Summit & Research Symposium app from Whova for the most up-to-date session information!
Available Now: Detailed Session Schedule
The Summit & Research Symposium concurrent session schedule is now available! Find the full listing of sessions at the link below or by downloading the official Summit & Research Symposium mobile app by Whova.
Keynote Speakers & Preconference Sessions Announced!
Opening Keynote | Thursday, April 20th at 9:30 AM
The opening keynote session for the 2023 Summit & Research Symposium will be presented by Paul Schmitz, CEO of Leading Inside Out and former CEO of Public Allies.
Paul's session, Everyone Leads: Building the Culture for Collective Impact, will will introduce the collective impact approach, what makes it work well, and the leadership practices that support its success. Through stories and conversations, Paul will provide attendees with what it takes to build not only the strategies but the leadership culture necessary to move common goals together.
Preconference Scheduled for Wednesday, April 19th!
Looking to expand your time at the Summit? Join us for one of our half-day preconference sessions on Wednesday, April 19th as a way of enhancing your professional development. Register for one of these sessions today!
- Centering Community in Community Engagement
Presented by Paul Schmitz, CEO of Leading Inside Out
- Developing a Tempered Radicals Approach to Advancing Justice in Community Engagement Programming
Presented by Buck Cooke, Executive Director of Break Away
Attendance for a the preconference session is an additional $50 and can be added to your registration. Preconference participants will be provided lunch prior to the start of the session.
Registration Open Through April 7, 2023!
...until registration closes.
Registration for the 2023 Summit & Research Symposium is currently open! The following registration types are available through Friday, April 7, 2023. All payments are processed via credit card using Stripe's secure payment system. Group registration options are available at the Community-Engaged Alliance Partner Registration and the Affiliate Organization Registration levels. Upon registering for the 2023 Summit & Research Symposium, you are agreeing to Community-Engaged Alliance's Term of Service. Please ensure that you have reviewed these prior to completing the registration process.
If you require any assistance with the registration process or have questions on the appropriate registration type for you or your group, please contact Laura using the button below.
Community-Engaged Alliance Partner Registration
All individuals affiliated with Community-Engaged Alliance partner institutions are able to take advantage of premier pricing for the 2023 Summit & Research Symposium. The registration rates for these attendees are:
- $125 for Executive Leaders, Faculty, Professional Staff, and Affiliated Community Partners
- $50 for Graduated, Preprofessional and Undergraduate Students
Curious if your institution is a partner? See the list here.
Affiliate Organization Registration
All individuals affiliated with a Community-Engaged Alliance affiliate organization are able to take advantage of reduced pricing for the 2023 Summit & Research Symposium. The registration rates for these attendees are:
- $185 for Executive Leaders, Faculty, Professional Staff, and Affiliated Community Partners
- $80 for Graduated, Preprofessional and Undergraduate Students
Affiliate organizations include:
- Community-Engaged Alliance
- Engage NJ
- LEAD California
- Kentucky Campus Compact
- North Carolina Campus Engagement
- Ohio Campus Compact
- Partners for Campus-Community Engagement
- Washington Campus Coalition for the Public Good
All individuals not affiliated with one of the above groups are to register via this option.The registration rates for these attendees are:
- $600 for Executive Leaders, Faculty, Professional Staff, and Affiliated Community Partners
- $150for Graduated, Preprofessional and Undergraduate Students
Special Registration Add-On!
Add a copy, or several copies, of the popular Community-Engaged Alliance publication Charting the Course for Service-Learning: From Curriculum Consideration to Advocacy--A Faculty Development Workbook to your registration at discounted pricing. The more you buy, the more you save! This special is available at all registration levels.
- Purchase 1 to 9 copies at $15.00 each
- Purchase 10 copies for $120.00 (20% off per book)
- Purchase 15 copies for $146.25 (35% off per book)
- Purchase 23 copies (1 box) for $172.50 (50% off per book)
Copies must be picked up in person at the 2023 Summit & Research Symposium. This special will not be available on-site.
- Alternate Attendee: You are able to transfer your registration to another person with out penalty until April April 14, 2023. After this date there may be a fee of $25 assessed for all transfer requests. Transfer requests must be made in writing and submitted using the link below or using the email address included with the registration confirmation.
- Cancellations: Registrants are able to cancel their registration until April 10, 2023 at 5:00 PM. A $50 service fee will be charged for all cancellations regardless of the registration type. Cancellations request must be made in writing and submitted using the link below or using the email address included with the registration confirmation.
- Full Participation: Community-Engaged Alliance is committed to creating an accommodating and welcoming environment for all. When registering please note any thing that you require to ensure your full participation in this event. We will work with the venue to do our best to meet your needs.
- Group Registration: Accommodations for group registration have been made available at the Community-Engaged Alliance Partner Registration and Affiliate Organization Registration levels.
- Payments: All payments are processed via credit card using Stripe's secure payment system.
- Questions or Concerns: Contact Laura using the button below.
- Terms of Service: Upon registering for the 2023 Summit & Research Symposium, you are agreeing to Community-Engaged Alliance's Term of Service. Please ensure that you have reviewed these prior to completing the registration process.
2023 Session & Poster Presenters
Community-Engaged Alliance invites undergraduate and graduate students, emerging researchers, faculty, professional staff, and community members to submit proposals to present a poster showcasing their community-engaged and community-based research and practice at the 2023 Summit and Research Symposium. Posters are to highlight the individual or team's engaged work through a research, programmatic, or practical application lens. We are also interested in those submissions that highlight the work of Community-Engaged Alliance (Indiana Campus Compact) throughout the past 30 years as understood by the presenter.
The poster session will be held during the 2023 Summit on Friday, April 21, 2023, from 11:00 AM to 11:30 AM. Submissions closed on Saturday, March 11, 2023; presenters will be notified of acceptance by Monday, March 20, 2023. See the RFP here.
The 2023 Summit & Research Symposium full Call For Session Proposals closed on January 6, 2023 and accepted presenters were notified on January 23, 2023.
See the full Call for Session Proposals here.
Explore our past Summits, download archived programs, and explore our photo gallery!